Over five hundred illegally
established privately-owned schools, have been closed down by the Federal
Capital Territory Administration.
The Administration commenced the
closure of illegal schools on Tuesday, via the education secretariat. Mrs.
Naomi Bilkis, Acting Secretary of Education, Secretariat, led a team to Durumi
111 community where sealing commenced. Mrs. Bilkis noted that sensitisation
towards the closure of illegal and ramshackle schools in the FCT had been on
and that they decided to embark on the exercise at this time when schools would
have finished examinations and preparing to vacate, so that parents would have
enough time to look for alternatives. She said most of those schools were not
registered.
She said that the FCT Administration
had already put in place mechanism to avoid this situation in future.
0 comments:
Post a Comment