Lagos State police command has arrested eight suspected kid armed robbers who terrorized Lagosians at traffic jam.
The robbers whose ages are between 14 and 16 were arrested in Agege area of the metropolis on Wednesday.
LEADERSHIP
Sunday gathered that the youths usually move in groups with axes and
cutlasses, dispossessing innocent citizens of the cash, mobile phones
and other valuables.
They were arrested by policemen attached to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) as they were operating along the major road in Agege.
The
Lagos State commissioner of police, Mr Fatai Owoseni told newsmen in
his office at command headquarters, Ikeja, that the kid robbers have
been terrorizing people, especially motorists and the occupants.
Owoseni
said the police had to strategize and the strategy yielded fruitful
result as the hoodlums were apprehended by policemen attached to the
Rapid Response Squad.
He said that Lagosians should look out for
such youths that are causing terror in the place. He also said that he
would charge the robbers to court, warning that anybody arrested
carrying out such acts would be charged to court.
One of the
suspects who identified himself as Ade said they were very hungry and
that was why they had to engage themselves in such nefarious activity.
He swore that they would never try that again. He claimed that actually
they were carrying axes and cutlasses when the policemen attached to the
Rapid Response Squad (RRS) arrested them.
He said it was his
third operation before his arrest. “It was my third attempt. I don’t
want to be an armed robber but hunger made me to join the. If I don’t
join them I will not have food to eat. One of my friend said I better
join if not he would not give me out of his money. So I joined and we
made some money. So I also did same twice. I don’t want to be a robber”.
0 comments:
Post a Comment